Greg Kerr Announces over $200,000 in Additional New Horizons Funding
March 23, 2009
YARMOUTH, NS – Today Greg Kerr, Member of Parliament for West Nova, was pleased to announce funding for 14 organizations as part of the New Horizons for Seniors Program, provided by the Government of Canada. This funding comes in addition to the funding for five other New Horizons organizations, announced last month.
The New Horizons for Seniors Program provides funding for non-profit organizations that promote social participation and encourage active living of seniors in their communities. Funding for these organizations will create shovel-ready jobs in construction during this time of international economic crisis.
“Investing in these organizations will not only help serve our seniors, it will also create new jobs in our community, as part of the government’s economic stimulus.” said Mr. Kerr.
Among the 14 organizations receiving funding, Les Horizons de la Concession will receive $22,885 to renovate, repair and replace equipment to their club, the Lower Granville Hall will receive $24,987 to upgrade their building with insulation, energy efficient windows, and replace old, unsafe wiring, and the Kingston Lions Club will receive $25,000 to replace existing 18 year old roofing.
“I am delighted to announce the government’s continued support of the New Horizons for Seniors Program. This support will help to continue offering activities and programs that benefit our seniors, who have been contributing to our community for years.” said Mr. Kerr.
– 30 –
Media Enquiries: Office of Greg Kerr, MP – 613-995-5711
The Government of Canada will be providing funding to:
· Les Horizons de la Concession ($22,885)
· Granville Ferry Community Hall Association ($16,151)
· Habitation New Horizons Club ($21,857)
· Kingston Lions Club ($25,000)
· Litchfield/Delaps Cove Community Hall ($15,229)
· Lower Granville Hall ($24,987)
· Mavillette Seniors’ Club ($16,854)
· North Street Ladies Auxiliary ($15,223)
· Clare Senior Citizens Club ($8,546)
· Happy Seniors of Pinkney’s Point ($10,322)
· Le Club D’Age D’Or de Saint-Bernard ($9,692)
· Le Club des Acadiens Seniors de Wedgeport ($3,600)
· Les Nouveaux Horizons de la Baronnie ($9,709)
· Tiverton Super Seniors ($9,568)